Friday, November 4, 2011

Sweet Leaves Blog Hop

I was extremely busy this week that I only realised the blog hop was two days to go when one of the Malaysian quillers, (Kak) Lin asked me about it. I love the theme - LEAVES! This theme fits the "2011 Environment Week" that will be held in our university in two weeks time.

For this project, I just used simple leaf techniques. My attention was to make the leaves as the main attraction and to spread the message - Love our greenery. Making cards require us to use a lot of papers, so I'll ensure that I make full use of everything. I keep all unwanted papers and send them to the recycling centre (Thanks to my mom for this habit)..It's the least I can do to help the mother earth..

Anyway, back to the real deal..There are 22 quillers from 6 different continents that participate in this blog hop..You can see all quillers in the list provided at the bottom of this entry..Then you can start hopping from one blog to another..This is what I came out with for this blog hop..

I made some modification to the picture frame and add some cardboards to create the effect..My apology for the reflection of myself on the mirror (Couldn't avoid that)..

The flower that I have here was made prior to the one that I had before..

I just had nothing for the background as I wanted the colour to pop out..

There are many layers involved..

Notice the stand for the small leaf? There's another one under the flower..That's the trick..

These two make good companions to the leaves..

Hope they look like leaves to you (>__<)

Thank you for hopping by here and also million thanks to Sandra for hosting this blog hop..Your next stop for this blog hop is "Daydreams" by Suganthi..She has shared a lot of information and techniques on quilling..What's best about her is she shares some techniques that only require you to use the things that you have around you (If you don't have the specific tools)..

Below is the full blog hop list..If you get lost along the way, or if someone doesn't have his or her project ready yet, you can always return here and get back on track:



THE HOSTESS


31 comments:

Pritesh Dagur said...

Aaaahhhhhhh so pretty! I loooooove the little insect and the butterfly! Lovely!

Unknown said...

Very beautiful! Thanks so much for participating!

Regina said...

It´s great!!! Love each detail you did!!! A wonderful weekend!!

Mannayah said...

wow .. very beautiful .. adorable ..
thanks for sharing

Amna

Sathya said...

Lovely leaves, flower and so the tiny insect and cute butterfly!!!

Azlina Abdul said...

So adorable laaaa Wani! Best la buat dalam frame macam ni....love it!!

SUGANTHI said...

Syaz, I love your leaves, They look so bright and fresh.Love it.

Unknown said...

Wow gr8 colours.. beautiful leaves and lovely colours..

Katrin said...

Очень красиво!!!

Nati said...

Beautiful!!!
Nati from Brazil

Eenzy Beenzy said...

Oh my Gosh! This is so cute :)
I love the intricate design on the leaves!
I am glad I hopped on to your blog, it is amazing!

www.eenzybeenzy.com

Anastasiaw2008@gmail.com said...

It is a lovely card. Simple and elegant. Glad that I got to know you through this blog hop. Thanks to Sandy :)

Nupur Priya said...

Wow... great colour combination...
Nice design...

XOXO
NUPUR
http://nupurcreatives.blogspot.com/

Artes de Nágela said...

Very beautiful and delicate leaves!

Unknown said...

Lovely post! I enjoyed as much as looking at your neat quilling.
Regards from Serbia!
Suzana

Jennifer said...

Your leaves turned out beautifully and I like the colors of your flower. Nice work.

chillin with Quillin said...

love your card,love all the details!!!
Paula

Dr Sonia S V said...

The orange flower is gorgeous
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Molly Smith said...

Gorgeous quilled project, Miss Syaz! The colors are so pretty and the leaves are perfect! Thanks for sharing :)
-Molly

Shobana said...

WOW.
This is exquisite! Simply lovely...the layout..the colors...beautiful work! :)

Mihaela said...

Very beautiful leaves!!!

Cristina said...

So lovely and perfect! I love it!Best wishes from Romania!

Philippa said...

This is a lovely picture, especially with the flower and insects to complement your leaves. You're right - we DO need to love our greenery! And I love yours, too.
Thanks also for the kind comment you left on my blog hop post.
Kindest regards
Philippa

Estela Oliveira said...

Syaz
love all the details this your quilled project.
Congratulations!

Estela Oliveira fron Brazil

Soraya said...

I love those leaves!! so much creativity!

Njeri said...

Hi Miss Syaz, I love this picture frame and the little bugs are very cute.

Unknown said...

Salam...Boleh tak Mush ala-ala cilok idea daun ni? tp nanti Mush tukarlah sesikit. Dapat permintaan untuk buat Quilling Card imej daun tp Mush kekeringan idea...Insyaallah nanti kat blog Mush bgth Mush dpt idea dr Syaz...owh pleaseeee....?

Mush br nak berjinak2 dgn quilling. buat permulaan ni mmg mencuba2 buat ikut hasil kengkawan sambil ubah sesikit.

Terima kasih ekkk...

www.123quilling.blogspot.com

Syaz said...

W'salam..Of course you can..Happy quilling..

Unknown said...

Tq Tq...tp nampaknya kena gantung dulu tools ni. Dalam proses peralihan ke Kuching. Dah selamat pindah Kuching br boleh start balik...huhuhu

Teddie Seeley said...

I love everything about this picture.

Syaz said...

Thanks Teddie..Glad you love it..